I was trying to remote desktop to my Windows machine, but it kept spinning and would not allow me to connect. On the Microsoft website, they said Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 is not supported by RDC. However, it does work.
After several minutes of frustratingly googling around, here is the answer:
- Close Remote Desktop Connection Mac
- Open the folder “RDP Connections”
- Delete Default.rdp and any other files (note this will delete saved passwords and username info from other remote desktop connections you might have setup).
- Open Remote Desktop Connection program (RDC)
- Connect to your server IP.
- Enter username and password, but LEAVE DOMAIN BLANK.
This will make your Remote Desktop Connection Mac not working — working.