So a while ago, while I was knee deep in analytics, I wrote this blog entry about one of Google’s missteps.
Basically Google was giving you bad advice, and I called them out on it. :)
Finally, Google updated their official help to reflect a fix to the bug:
Their implementation is much cleaner than mine, and probably works better than mine, but it is still not perfect! There is a chance that the timeout they set will not be faster than the redirect. (I am actually starting to think my fix did not really work either, but that’s going to be another update)
I am sure Google does not give a crap what I say, and they probably already knew about the problem, but its exciting to me to know that I moving in steps with the great engineers at Google.
Lonely high five to myself because no one cares about this achievement except me!